Please read the following information carefully to understand SAV Systems’ practices regarding your personal information.
The term personal information as used throughout this policy, applies to any data relating to an identified or identifiable individual, including data that directly or indirectly identifies an individual.
Our services are intended to be used by organisations. If you are using our services on behalf of an organisation, you should be aware that the organisation may control and administer your use of our services as well as access and process your information including the contents of your communications. Please direct any queries that you have regarding your organisation’s control of and access to your information, to your organisation.
1. HOW DO WE CONTROL DATA?
For the purpose of processing personal information under the applicable data protection law, the data controller is SAV Systems UK Limited, company number Number: 513621, Registered in England, whose registered address is at Scandia House, Boundary Rd., Woking, GU21 5BX.
2. INFORMATION WE HOLD AND USE
SAV Systems may collect and control the following personal information about you:
Information you provide
We will collect information relating to you that you provide when you:
- Fill in a contact form on our Website;
- Place an order with us for any of our products or services or both as the case may be and communicate with us regarding that;
- Sign up for a training session;
- Respond to a survey;
- Request to download design guides, specifications, technical literature, or other resources on our Website; and/or
- Otherwise opt-in to receive communications from us.
This information includes personal information, such as your full name, email address and telephone number, job title, department and communications with you.
We may also collect payment information and information relating to your organisation, such as your company name, the type of industry you operate within, or other details when you place an order or proceed with payments of goods or services or both as the case may be.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may also collect personal information from other websites that display information about you publicly, such as: social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter, your online profile on your current employer’s network, articles about you or other public listings of your profile. Any access that we may have to such information from a third party social media or authentication service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service
Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs. These features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the companies that provide them.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
SAV Systems’ use of personal information
We may use your information in the provision and administration of the services/materials that you and/or your organisation have requested and/or to respond to your queries. Where you don’t provide us with certain information we will be unable to provide you with the services and/or literature requested.
We may also use your information to meet our legal obligations, to deal with any complaints and/or troubleshoot problems and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
We may use your information for our legitimate business interests which include for security purposes, making improvements to our Website to personalise or enhance the user experience, to improve our Website and our services and for general marketing purposes with your separate consent. We will not do so where our interests are outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms.
We may also use your information for a particular purpose that we have made known to you, where you have consented to us doing so. For example, to communicate about SAV Systems’ services and products’ information, which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SAV Systems will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
All information you provide to SAV Systems is stored within our CRM system and/or by third parties as further detailed in their policies (www.workbooks.com, www.crispwebdesign.co.uk). We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties hosting our Website and our other services have adequate security measures in place to protect personal data.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing personal information about you
We will not sell your information and generally do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described below:
- We will share with our clients’ personal information relating to orders that have been placed for products and/or services in order to provide those services.
- Limited members of the Customer Services, Finance, HR, IT and Legal teams in SAV Systems may access and otherwise process personal information in connection with their job responsibilities or contractual obligations.
- Your personal information may also be shared with third party providers who perform services for us.
- In addition to the disclosures necessary for the purposes identified above, SAV Systems may disclose your personal information to the extent required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
- With any actual or prospective seller or buyer of our business and/or any assets. Information held by us about our customers and any users will be one of the transferred assets;
- For security purposes or to protect our rights or those of a third party; and
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies and/or other agencies.
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
When you submit a contact form we will send you marketing communications that we feel may be of interest to you via email.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. To stop receiving our marketing communications, please click the link found at the bottom of each email or update your personal preferences.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- If you are aware of changes or inaccuracies in your personal information you should request that we update or rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the personal data we hold;
- In some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- Object to any direct marketing by updating your communications’ preferences;
- In some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- Withdraw consent to us processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO);
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Scandia House, Boundary Rd., Woking, GU21 5BX.
8. HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
Retention of personal information
We will retain personal information only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, considering criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations and at least the duration of your use of the SAV Systems website and/or services requested by you, or to respond to your queries.
Where processing is based on your consent, we shall only process it until you withdraw your consent.
Please let us know if any of your contact details change so that we can ensure we only hold accurate and up to date information.
9. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
SAV Systems does not use automated decision-making technologies.
Some pages of our Website contain links to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for these websites or the use of your information by third parties. You should check the privacy notices on any third party websites to ensure that you are satisfied regarding their privacy practices, prior to sharing any personal information.
Contact SAV Systems
You are welcome to send us any questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy by email to email@example.com or by post to Scandia House, Boundary Rd., Woking, GU21 5BX.